FUNERAL COST ASSISTANCE
To date, Raise for Rowyn has helped hundreds of families with thousands of dollars in funeral cost assistance.
Out of respect, we’ve tried to make our application form simple and easy to use. We request that you review our guidelines before filling out the form to make sure your circumstances fall within our mission and service area.
Raise for Rowyn provides small grants (generally $500-$1000 per child, with some exceptions) to help families who have lost a child pay for direct burial expenses.
1. Raise for Rowyn typically approves grants for children who have reached 23 week gestation and had a live birth resulting in a birth certificate through age 19.
2. Grant requests within Washington State are eligible for $1,000 or more (depending on availability of funds and Grant Committee approval). Any grant requests outside of Washington State are eligible for $500.
3. All grants are subject to availability of funds. Periodically we may be forced to close our website to new grant applications, with the exception of those who fall within our local area. It is always our goal to remain open to grant requests whenever possible, and if our application is closed, we will reopen it as soon as funds become available.
4. Only family members and close family friends may apply for grants. Due to funding limitations, we cannot provide grants through other non-profits.
5. Grants are paid directly to funeral homes, which must be able to provide Raise for Rowyn with a W9 tax form. Raise for Rowyn staff members will work with these funeral homes to arrange this. If you are looking for a funeral home for your child, you can contact Raise for Rowyn and when possible (generally within Washington state) we will recommend those places we’ve worked with in the past.
6. Because our organization was founded on never forgetting a lost child, we request pictures of those children whose families we are able to help. All children assisted by Raise for Rowyn are added to our gallery of Rowyn’s Angels. If there is some reason you cannot provide a picture of your child, explain your special circumstances in the “Additional Information” section of the application.
7. If you already have received funeral cost assistance, have made arrangements with a funeral home, or are ineligible for a grant from Raise for Rowyn, we invite you to still be a part of our emotional support network by filling out an assistance form. You will receive personalized care packages and other correspondence from our organization. No approval is required.
Thank you for reviewing our guidelines. If your circumstances fall within our mission and service area, please fill out the form below to apply for grant.